Former presidential aide, Lauretta Onochie, has called on the Department of State Security to invite the presidential candidate of the Labour party in the 2023 election, Peter Obi, for questioning.
Lauretta Onochie issued this request in response to an alleged video featuring Peter Obi, in which he addressed a religious congregation and urged them to take action rather than solely relying on prayers.
Peter Obi, who came third in the election, had his petition contesting President Tinubu’s victory dismissed by the Presidential Election Petition Court on Wednesday, September 6. The court deemed his petition lacking in merit.
In the said video, Obi was heard saying,
”These are not people you remove by prayer. It is time to act. Not to pray. The youths unfortunately…Do you know how Marcus left office in Philippine? It was on a Sunday. Cardinal Sim finished church service. Instead of saying the Mass is ended, let’s go, he told everybody ‘Follow me and block the presidential lodge’.
After three days, Marcus and his wife left. It is time for us to close the church and deal with these people”
Reacting to the video, Lauretta who is an APC chieftain, asked the DSS to invite Obi who she described as a ‘clown’
Taking to her X handle, Onochie wrote;
I think it’s high time you pulled in this clown.
• He did the right thing by seeking power through the ballot box. That’s legal!
• He managed to win some and lost the most. Fair enough!
• Then, his running mate and other unpatriotic Angry Birds, began to instigate our youth to violence.
• But our Noble and patriotic youth completely ignored them, because sensible youth in Nigeria, are more in number than his headless mob.
• Knowing he had no leg to stand on, he allowed himself to be foolishly led to the Tribunal by #Cashactivists, to pursue issues already decided by the Supreme Court, years ago.
• Then they tried using the Labour movement to call for (WARNING?) strikes around the PEPT judgement day. It failed woefully. Kudos to our youth population!
, continues to instigate his headless and consequently, brainless followers to a violent change of government. I have never seen a more desperate individual.
• There’s something sinister and ominous about a man who came 3rd in a race and wants to be declared the winner, AT ALL COST!
• I think it’s high time he was pulled in to answer a few questions. Nigerians want to know why Peter Obi, is this desperate.
●Pull him in, heavens will not fall
God bless Nigeria.”